Yaowarat (formerly Yuppharat) has been inhabited by people of Chinese descent for generations. They believe that nothing on Earth is more valuable and reliable than gold. Whenever their business makes a profit, they often spend it on purchasing gold for safekeeping.
Hua Seng Heng was initially a humble pawn shop. Its gold business began back in 1950 as a response to popular demand among Thai customers of Chinese descent and has been growing ever since. Throughout the past 70 years, Hua Seng Heng has always been managed by the Pasawongse family, who operate under the motto ‘United as One’, which is embodied in the name Hua Seng Heng itself. This name is also a reference to ‘success’, ‘honesty’ and ‘perseverance’. With recent technological changes, Hua Seng Heng has made the necessary adaptations to continue to meet the many demands of its customers. For instance, gold bars are now traded online or via the Gold Express vending machine. Hua Seng Heng is, therefore, a contemporary gold shop with the most comprehensive range of services in Thailand.
1950: The first Hua Seng Heng shop in Thailand opened in Plang Nam.
1952: The second shop opened on Mangkorn Road.
1964: The third shop opened in Yaowapanit.
1985: The fourth shop opened in Sampheng.
1994: The fifth shop opened at Seacon Square on Srinakarindra Road.
2013: The sixth shop opened at United Center Building, Silom.